Your K-5 students already have the qualities of great designers and innovators. What PLTW Launch does is tap into their exploratory nature, engage them in learning that feels like play, and encourage them to keep discovering – now and for years to come.
PLTW Launch’s interdisciplinary modules bring learning to life. The program empowers students to adopt a design-thinking mindset through compelling activities, projects, and problems that build upon each other and relate to the world around them. And as students engage in hands-on activities, they become creative, collaborative problem solvers ready to take on any challenge.
- PROJECT LEAD THE WAY (PLTW) LAUNCH is the nation’s leading provider of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math programs. In the Launch modules for kindergarten through fifth grades students learn important, future-changing lessons, learn to take risks, and employ critical thinking skills.
- The use of iPads help students become comfortable utilizing technology to learn and discover together.
- Students ask questions, explore ideas, and solve problems through activity, project, and problem-based learning, grounded in research-based practices.
- Students develop an interest in STEM early and can continue on the journey in middle school STEM electives such as Medical Detectives, Flight and Space, Design and Modeling, and Women in Engineering.
- STEM will engage students, build confidence, grow interest, and put them on a course for strong accomplishments in middle school, high school, and beyond.
- Modules for K-5 help children learn to love STEM at a younger age using curriculum aligned to the state and national standards.